Solar panels are supposed to create energy and save money.
“We were excited about it because so much had been written about solar and how it would reduce our electrical bill,” said Edward Snyder a concerned homeowner.
Roseville was in the process of becoming the largest solar community in the nation, so several hundred families moved into what they thought would be their dream home.
“We basically purchased it because it had solar panels on it,” said Jennifer Everett, a concerned homeowner.
Many of the families soon found out their dream home was, really, a nightmare.
“The first thing that happened was the savings weren’t there,” Snyder said.
Snyder became angry that the $17,000 system he paid for only saved him about $500 a year. After more than a year of fighting, he gave up – until he had a fire.
“The solar system caught fire. The shingles caught fire. It was pretty scary … There was a lot of smoke coming off of that roof,” said Snyder.
The insurance report and investigation revealed that the fire started in the center of one of Snyder’s solar panels. The panel got too hot, fried the wiring and caused the roof to ignite.
“I am totally pissed off, not only at the builder, but the government,” said Snyder.
Call us now at (916) 569-1940 to speak with a Sacramento construction defect lawyer at a no-cost consultation. Let us help you protect your home!
We Focus on Construction Defect Litigation on a Contingency Fee Basis
4020 Lennane Dr #102 | Sacramento,CA, 95834
Tel: (916) 569-1940 | Fax: (916) 569-1939
Find us on Google+